We specialize in bathtub reglazing and offer the industries best products backed by the industries best warranty! Our premium reglazing products are special ordered and sprayed on by our trained pros. Call us at 586-296-1100 and schedule your reglaze today!
Why Should I Choose to Refinish?
- Tub surface is worn from years of cleaning with abrasive cleaners such as Ajax or Comet.
- The surface is difficult to keep clean.
- The color of your bathtub, countertops, or fixtures is outdated.
- The surface has become damaged or was chipped.
- Save thousands of dollars vs. replacing.
- Back in service in 48 hours vs. 1 – 2 Weeks.
Steps Taken to Refinish a Bathtub
- The bathtub is scrubbed clean with a powerful detergent that will remove any soap film build-up or residual film left behind by household cleaners.
- The tub is rinsed and dried completely to remove all moisture.
- Paper masking is installed around the tub to prevent overspray from getting on the tiles. Other areas of the bathroom will be masked off with plastic if necessary.
- Bonding agent is applied to the surface of the tub.
- High Gloss Acrylic Urethane topcoat is applied
During our resurfacing process, a ventilator is used which helps remove overspray and fumes from the bathroom area. It pulls the air from the room and with it the overspray and dust particles. This piece of equipment is placed in the window of the bathroom, or if there is no window in the bathroom, a hose is attached and directed to the nearest window or door. All materials are applied using an HVLP spray system.
- Specifically formulated bonding agent for use on porcelain bathtubs and ceramic tile only.
- When appropriate, we use another bonding agent that is designed specifically for fiberglass shower/tub units.
- The finish coating is a high performance; two-component chemically cured Aliphatic Acrylic Urethane Gloss Enamel. This product provides resilence to cracking and yellowing. It has terrific stain resistance and color retention. 4H pencil hardness makes this product one of the most durable on the market.